Live Close. Go Far.
Available Positions (click the titles to apply):
- Provides a voice for the residents of their hall or floor in matters at the hall level.
- Plans and puts on programs for the community.
- Develops leadership skills and promotes personal development.
Hall Council Executive Board Member
- Runs Hall Council meetings for their hall.
- Provides a vision for the organization.
- Represents the Hall Council at the Presidents’ Roundtable meetings.
- Stands in when the President is gone.
- Takes minutes and attendance at all Hall Council Meetings.
- Moderates discussion on issues put up for debate.
- Manages the finances of their Hall Council.
- Works to ensure that all programs that residents want can be put on in a financially responsible manner.
- Attends Programming Allocation Committee meetings both to approve requests for and acquire funds.
- Ensures that an adequate number of programs are being put on.
- Is in charge of putting on the large programs for the Hall Council.
- Facilitiates collaboration between the Inter-Residence Council and their own Hall Council.
- Advocates for their Hall Council and residents at General Assembly meetings.
- Provides information to and gauges the opinion of the Hall Council they represent with regards to campus-wide issues.
- Only apply here if you are applying for an Executive Board Position for your specific Hall Council that was not listed above.
For more information, attend an information session in your hall.
Information Sessions (There will be FREE ICE CREAM!):
- Alexander Hall: Monday, August 24, 8:00-8:30PM
- Avent Ferry: Wednesday, August 26, 8:00-8:30PM
- Bowen Hall: Monday, August 24, 7:00-7:30PM
- Bragaw Hall: Monday, August 24, 7:00-7:30PM
- Carroll Hall: Monday, August 24, 8:00-8:30PM
- Lee Hall: Tuesday, August 25, 7:00-7:30PM
- Metcalf Hall: Monday, August 24, 8:00-8:30PM
- Nortauga (North and Watauga Halls): Tuesday, August 25, 8:00-8:30PM
- Owen Hall: Sunday, August 23, 8:00-8:30PM
- Quad (Bagwell, Becton and Berry Halls): Sunday, August 23, 9:00-9:30PM
- Sullivan Hall: Sunday, August 23, 7:00-7:30PM
- Tucker Hall: Sunday, August 23, 8:00-8:30PM
- Turlington Hall: Monday, August 24, 7:00-7:30PM
- Triad (Syme, Welch and Gold Halls): Sunday, August 23, 7:00-7:30PM
- Wolf Ridge: Wednesday, August 26, 7:00-7:30PM
- Wolf Village: Tuesday, August 25, 7:00-7:30PM
- Wood Hall: Tuesday, August 25, 8:00-8:30PM